[zeromq-dev] ZeroMQ 'make check' failure

Wesley Peters Wesley.Peters at tachyon.com
Fri Nov 8 02:11:49 CET 2013

$ uname -a
Darwin dhcp-531.tachyon.net 12.5.0 Darwin Kernel Version 12.5.0: Sun Sep 29 13:33:47 PDT 2013; root:xnu-2050.48.12~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

$ cc -v
Apple LLVM version 5.0 (clang-500.2.75) (based on LLVM 3.3svn)
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin12.5.0
Thread model: posix

$ c++ -v
Apple LLVM version 5.0 (clang-500.2.75) (based on LLVM 3.3svn)
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin12.5.0
Thread model: posix

$ ulimit -n 1200
$ make check
Making check in src
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `check'.
Making check in doc
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `check'.
Making check in perf
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `check'.
Making check in tests
make  check-TESTS
PASS: test_system
PASS: test_pair_inproc
PASS: test_pair_tcp
PASS: test_reqrep_inproc
PASS: test_reqrep_tcp
PASS: test_hwm
PASS: test_reqrep_device
PASS: test_sub_forward
PASS: test_invalid_rep
PASS: test_msg_flags
PASS: test_connect_resolve
PASS: test_immediate
PASS: test_last_endpoint
PASS: test_term_endpoint
Assertion failed: ((size_t) rc == size), function main, file test_linger.cpp, line 86.
/bin/sh: line 1: 22091 Abort trap: 6           ${dir}$tst
XFAIL: test_linger
PASS: test_monitor
PASS: test_router_mandatory
PASS: test_probe_router
PASS: test_stream
PASS: test_disconnect_inproc
PASS: test_ctx_options
PASS: test_ctx_destroy
PASS: test_security_null
PASS: test_security_plain
PASS: test_security_curve
PASS: test_iov
PASS: test_spec_req
PASS: test_spec_rep
PASS: test_spec_dealer
PASS: test_spec_router
PASS: test_spec_pushpull
PASS: test_req_correlate
PASS: test_req_relaxed
PASS: test_conflate
PASS: test_inproc_connect
PASS: test_issue_566
Assertion failed: (rc == 0), function main, file test_abstract_ipc.cpp, line 31.
/bin/sh: line 1: 22446 Abort trap: 6           ${dir}$tst
XFAIL: test_abstract_ipc
Invalid argument (stream_engine.cpp:95)
/bin/sh: line 1: 22464 Abort trap: 6           ${dir}$tst
FAIL: test_shutdown_stress
PASS: test_pair_ipc
PASS: test_reqrep_ipc
PASS: test_timeo
PASS: test_fork
1 of 42 tests failed
Please report to zeromq-dev at lists.zeromq.org
make[2]: *** [check-TESTS] Error 1
make[1]: *** [check-am] Error 2
make: *** [check-recursive] Error 1

Actually I get different results on successive runs, including:

All 42 tests behaved as expected (2 expected failures)

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this electronic e-mail and any accompanying attachment(s) is intended only for the use of the intended recipient and is confidential and/or privileged. If you and we have a confidentiality agreement or other non-disclosure obligations between us, this Notice shall be deemed to mark and identify the content of this email and any attachments as confidential and proprietary. If any reader of this communication is not the intended recipient, unauthorized use, disclosure or copying is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail, and delete the original message and all copies from your system. Thank you.

IRS Circular 230 Disclosure: To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the IRS, please be advised that any U.S. federal tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used or relied upon, and cannot be used or relied upon, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code, or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.

E-mail is susceptible to data corruption, interception, unauthorized amendment, tampering and viruses, and we only send and receive e-mails on the basis that we are not liable for any such corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses or any consequences thereof.