[zeromq-dev] 0mq socket multiplexing (or "trunking")

Winston Smith smith.winston.101 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 16:37:25 CET 2013

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 2:56 AM, Pieter Hintjens <ph at imatix.com> wrote:

> The usual answer is to do everything over a single dealer-router pair.

By this you mean not to try to multiplex PUB-SUB/REQ/REP over a
dealer-router, but just dealer-router directly?

The book discusses this, I'll go back and re-read the sections.
 Presumably, though I'll need to be responsible for building the message
envelope that is appropriate for the particular messaging pattern in play?
 [since I'll need to ensure that replies get matched up with responses].

Does anyone know if there are any examples of hand-crafted PUB-SUB or
REQ/REP over a dealer/router?

Thanks!

-W.