[zeromq-dev] zeromq newbie question

George Kumar grgkumar4 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 05:56:35 CET 2013

I was trying lazy pirate client and server as a way to get reliable
communication between a client and a server. When the client goes away,
because server has been dead for too long, I noticed that when I start the
server again, I get the last message sent by the client. This happened even
when I rebooted the machine, as I was thinking that after server reboots
these messages would be lost forever. So it seems that zeromq keeps these
messages in a file. Is that true.

My other question in the same scenario is that when I restart the server, I
get the last client message (before it died) twice.

Scenario:

Client: sequence 1, 2, 3 ...dies
Server: Got sequence, 1, 2 ..dies

Server is now restarted ...it gets two copies of message 3.

Thanks for your help.
George