[zeromq-dev] What C++ bindings to use ?

Laurent Alebarde l.alebarde at free.fr
Tue May 28 11:18:35 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I found many discussions about C++ bindings and at least two projects
pointed here <http://www.zeromq.org/bindings:cpp> : cppzmq
<https://github.com/zeromq/cppzmq> and zmqpp
<https://github.com/benjamg/zmqpp>. There is also Cloudless
<http://cloudless.io/>. For cppzmq, I read a 2011 post saying it is
dead, and then I see there have been around 20 commits in 2012 and a few
others in 2013.  I have not yet dug into the code, and before, I would
like some insight about their maturity / usability please ?

As I have to start a project from scratch, do you recommend to stick to
C and use CZMQ, or to use C++ bindings or Python bindings ? Criteria
would be productivity, robustness, ease of code reviewing.

Cheers,

Laurent.