[zeromq-dev] Two apps on the same JVM

Erwin Karbasi erwin at optinity.com
Fri May 24 13:51:45 CEST 2013

Hello Guys,

Following our use cases:

1. We have two applications that packaged the SO file (C lib files) and
JZMQ.jar as part of the applications jar.

We have tried to deploy these apps on the same JVM and encountered
following error:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: jzmq (Not found in java.library.path)

2. We have also tried to set the lib files in the LD_LIBERARY_PATH (instead
of above approach of packaging the lib as part of the application jar) and
use separate Context object per application on the same JVM but we came
across following error:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: jzmq (Library is already loaded in another
ClassLoader)

                at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibraryWithPath(ClassLoader.java:1053)

                at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibraryWithClassLoader(ClassLoader.java:1017)

                at org.zeromq.ZMQ.<clinit>(ZMQ.java:36)

Your insight regarding above two issues would highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Erwin Karbasi
 AT&T, Senior Software Architect