[zeromq-dev] efficiency of multipart messages

Davide Faconti faconti at icarustechnology.com
Thu May 23 16:05:42 CEST 2013

Hi,

I have a question that, probably is a bit naive.
I have a published that send complex data (an easy to serialize struct,
that is about 200 bytes, but I guess this is not relevant).

I publish this data in a non periodic way, in other words sometimes I have
to deliver 10-20 samples of this data to the subscriber. Let's use N to
refer to the number of data samples I want to send.

I have two way to do that:

1) Either I publish N messages.
2) I use multipart messages provided by ZMQ; one message the message as N
parts.

Is one of these two ways more efficient in terms of, let's say latency or
speed?

Thanks in advance.

--
Davide Faconti