[zeromq-dev] about the swap option in zmq3.2

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Sat May 18 08:28:00 CEST 2013

Hi Richard,

Yes, the swap option was taken out in 3.x because it was unreliable
and complex. If you need to store messages on disk the best way
depends a lot on your use case. If you can explain your use case, and
specifically how large your messages are, how many you send, and what
patterns you use, we can give advice.

Pieter