[zeromq-dev] recvmsg deprecated

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Wed May 15 15:08:01 CEST 2013

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Andrew Hume <andrew at research.att.com> wrote:

> what is teh strength of zmq_recvmsg being "deprecated"?
> should i worry that in fact it is going away?
> or is it just a poor choice of words?

It won't disappear from the API for a long time but it's marked as
deprecated to encourage bindings and apps to use the zmq_msg_xxx set
of functions.

Deprecating this and other functions (zmt_init, zmq_term, zmq_recvmsg)
was part of making the API more consistent. There's no functional
difference. There's also no hurry to remove the old functions; I'd
expect these to disappear only in a 4.x release or so.