[zeromq-dev] Getting information about connected hosts, hitting high water mark, etc.

Steven McCoy steven.mccoy at miru.hk
Tue May 14 15:58:44 CEST 2013

On 14 May 2013 08:54, Randall Nortman <rnzmq at wonderclown.net> wrote:

> It would also be nice to get connect/disconnect and
> muted/unmuted notifications somehow.  These could be reported via
> zmq_poll() (either as ZMQ_POLLERR or a new ZMQ_POLLPEERSTATUS or
> something like that), or if you want to get really fancy, report them
> back to the app via a special inproc PUB/SUB socket.

I recall discussion on this before, this paradigm is the way Windows Vista+
IP stack works with Event Tracing for Windows and is really pretty nice.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd569137(v=vs.85).aspx

Just noticed Microsoft has replicated this for the node.js Windows port:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/interoperability/archive/2012/12/03/ms-open-tech-contributes-support-for-windows-etw-and-perf-counters-to-node-js.aspx

--
Steve-o