[zeromq-dev] inproc: passing pointer VS zero-copy VS regular send?

Oleg Vazhnev ovazhnev at gmail.com
Sun May 12 23:01:31 CEST 2013

Thanks Pieter!

Why not passing pointers around? What possible problems can I face?

So far I decided to just pass pointer because it's fast and easy at the
same time. I don't need serialize/deserialize data, only "unsafe" code
block on c# side (i don't implemented that yet).

Assuming that subscriber is fast enough and buffer is big enough i don't
see any problems with passing pointer. I'm using ring-buffer and do not
allocate anything at runtime.

Thanks,
  Oleg