[zeromq-dev] Communication between producer-consumer

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Tue May 7 23:27:05 CEST 2013

You're asking two questions, one about what pattern to use (push-pull
is fine), and two about performance. Cost is always relative to
consumption. So your serialization may be fine, or may be a bottleneck
(it's not a 0MQ issue), and you can always make it faster if you need
to. You cannot avoid serialization however unless your two tasks are
in the same process, and you pass pointers around (over inproc).

-Pieter