[zeromq-dev] Communication between producer-consumer

Stathis Gkotsis stathis.gkotsis at commsquare.com
Tue May 7 23:17:46 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I have two processes: one producer and one consumer.
The producer does some processing and builds objects, while the consumer should take these objects and perform further processing.
The idea is that these two processing tasks work in a pipeline, since they are independent.

I think that ZeroMQ could be a good fit, I could, for example, use a PUSH-PULL socket for the two processes to communicate.
The problem is that, it is not only messages (text) that the two processes need to communicate with. It is big objects that need to be sent and I would like to avoid any costly serialization.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Stathis