[zeromq-dev] Connection status without pinging?

Nishant Mittal nmittal at rblt.com
Thu Mar 28 17:58:19 CET 2013

Hi All, I have a pretty common scenario where clients are connecting to a
service and I want to know when the client(s) went away (died for any
reason)..

my worker has a RTR socket and clients connect with a DLR socket. once the
worker gets a request from a client it starts processing (sometimes very
time consuming). however, if the client leaves/dies for any reason, i want
to stop processing to save time/resources.. how can this be implemented
without a pinging mechanism?

thanks,
Nishant