[zeromq-dev] Sending via ROUTER socket to ROUTER socket fails initially with "No route to host"

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Tue Mar 26 07:14:42 CET 2013

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 12:53 AM, Anoop Karollil
<anoop.karollil at gmail.com> wrote:

> When I try sending messages via a ROUTER socket to a ROUTER socket (both
> having their identities set), with ZMQ_ROUTER_MANDATORY set, the initial
> send of the destination sock identity (sent before actual message for
> routing) fails once, but succeeds after.

>From the zmq_bind man page:

"following a zmq_bind(), the socket enters a mute state unless or
until at least one incoming or outgoing connection is made, at which
point the socket enters a ready state. In the mute state, the socket
blocks or drops messages according to the socket type, as defined in
zmq_socket(3). By contrast, following a libzmq:zmq_connect[3], the
socket enters the ready state."