[zeromq-dev] Assert in signaller.cpp on XP if Cisco VPN Client isinstalled - possible fix

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Fri Mar 22 13:13:02 CET 2013

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 12:52 PM, Martin Robinson
<martin.robinson at dai.co.uk> wrote:
> I think I have fix for this issue. Basically, the listener socket created by
> make_fdpair should be retained from one call of make_fdpair to the next, by
> making it static and not closing it at the end.

it's a plausible fix, at least... which is all we ask for. Nice catch.

The 0MQ team is us, see http://www.zeromq.org/docs:contributing.

Would you like to make this patch to libzmq master? Once it's passed
critical review, we'll backport it to 2.2 and 3.2 stable.