[zeromq-dev] Building ZMQ 3.2.2 with pgm on Windows

Steven McCoy steven.mccoy at miru.hk
Mon Mar 18 17:28:03 CET 2013

On 18 March 2013 12:18, Emmanuel TAUREL <taurel at esrf.fr> wrote:

>  If I understand correctly, I still have to generate all my flavors of
> libpgm (if I need more than those downloadable from OpenPGM web site) and
> then I
> could generate the corresponding zeromq libs.
> Is this correct?

It is what I did, it simplifies symbol management.

>  I have noticed a strange thing. I have started to generate a VS9 2008
> libpgm. CMake tells me that it is a Release build (CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE) but
> when I
> look in the generated project properties in C/C++ Code Generation, I see a
> /MDd option (Multi-Threaded Debug DLL).
> Is it normal?

CMake is sticky on release/debug options, but ultimately I think the MSVC
integration just shells out to CMake to do all the build work so the actual
options visible in the GUI are irrelevant.

> Then, in the CMake generated project for zeromq, I notice in the project
> properties that libpgm is effectively used but at the end will I have only
> one lib (zeromq including openpgm stuff) or two libs (zeromq on one side
> and pgm on the other which need to be both used when linking one
> application)?

You should end up with just one library, openpgm is provided static-only.

If you look at the zeromq windows installers you can see what targets can
be generated, I always build with openpgm support enabled.

--
Steve-o