[zeromq-dev] Access ZeroMQ Error Messages in C++?

Richard_Newton at waters.com Richard_Newton at waters.com
Tue Jul 30 10:07:09 CEST 2013

Hi Riskybiz

Assuming you are using cppzmq it will throw an exception, so you can do:

try
{
	client.connect("tcp://localhost:5555");
}
catch (const zmq::error_t& e)
{
	std::string errStr = e.what();
}

Ric.

From:	Riskybiz <riskybizLive at live.com>
To:	zeromq-dev at lists.zeromq.org
Date:	28/07/2013 07:01 PM
Subject:	[zeromq-dev] Access ZeroMQ Error Messages in C++?
Sent by:	zeromq-dev-bounces at lists.zeromq.org

So I’ve worked out how to get ZeroMQ error messages like so:

int rc = zmq_bind(server, "tcp://*:5555");

    if(rc == -1)

    {

    std::string errStr =  zmq_strerror(zmq_errno());

    std::string errConc = "TestDataAccess: ZMQServer: Bind To REP Failed: " + errStr;

    const char* errOut = errConc.c_str();

    OutputDebugStringA(errOut);

    return 1;

    }

Question is; how do I catch ZeroMQ error messages in C++;  say if I wanted to use:

client.connect("tcp://localhost:5555");

the obvious way I tried:

int rc = client.connect("tcp://localhost:5555");

is just not valid because;

client.connect("tcp://localhost:5555");

returns type ‘void’.

Can anyone provide a quick C++ example of how to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Riskybiz.