[zeromq-dev] eventfd() / socketpair() and interposing acceleration libs

John Muehlhausen jgm at jgm.org
Tue Jul 16 17:23:41 CEST 2013

Hello,

Does anyone have experience deploying zmq_poll() using a mix of accelerated
sockets (Solarflare OpenOnload, Myricom DBL) and ZeroMQ sockets?

It has been some time since I've played with OpenOnload and a Solarflare
rep just informed me that: "Neither event fd’s nor socketpair’s get
accelerated by Onload. ... Onload does accelerate pipe() and can accelerate
TCP and UDP-multicast loopback sockets."

What about the idea of implementing the ZeroMQ signaler in terms of pipe() ?

Thanks for any thoughts,
John