[zeromq-dev] First Message on PUB/SUB not appearing

Peter pdurkan at cantorlab.com
Thu Jul 11 22:08:30 CEST 2013

Hi,

We have been using ZeroMQ extensively
for a long time and have finally upgraded to 3.2.3.

Unfortunately we have come across an issue.

We use the epgm transport and PUB/SUB.

We have a publisher and a listener. The publisher starts
and then we start the listener - many minutes will go by
and then we make publisher send a message. This
first message never appears using zeromq-3.x.
Subsequent messages appear fine. If we use zeromq-2.x
the behaviour is fine and we receive all messages.

This issue was reported previously but a fix doest not
seem to have made it to epgm.

http://lists.zeromq.org/pipermail/zeromq-dev/2011-September/013177.html

Thanks,
Peter