[zeromq-dev] Distributed command framework

Kasper Revsbech krevsbech at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 13:11:49 CEST 2013

Hello

I am a newcomer to ØMQ, and are in the process of building toy examples
based on the very nice "The Guide Book". However, I am still not convinced
that I found the right tool yet for the task I am solving.

So please could one give some pointers to a way forward for the following
problem, and also a judgement of whether ØMQ can actually be used in my
problem.

I have problem where multiple nodes should be configured via one central
entity. Where the nodes either can be one single node or a cluster of nodes
where the configuration is similar.

I am thinking to use the PUB/SUB pattern where the controller PUBLISH
configuration commands to the nodes in a specific cluster. However, I am a
bit "sceptical" about the fact that I don't get an answer over the same
channel. (I might be to focused on RPC like behaviour )

Hence I am also looking to use the REQUEST REPLY pattern possibly with a
Broker. This is perfect configuring individual nodes, however clustering
them I would like a one to many relation.

Hope that my explanation is somewhat clear.

Best
Kasper