[zeromq-dev] Calling for features JZMQ-3.0

gonzalo diethelm gdiethelm at dcv.cl
Tue Jul 9 18:43:17 CEST 2013

Hi Trevor,

Good plan. I have some suggestions for some of the issues you point out. I recently authored jnano, a Java binding for nanomsg, a kind of “ZeroMQ v2.0” created by Martin Sustrik; jnano is at https://github.com/gonzus/jnano and has some design choices to consider (not necessarily follow) in a new jzmq:

1.       Build using pure ant (including the C portion).

2.       Really thin layer over nanomsg (perhaps thinner than jzmq is over ZeroMQ).

3.       Performance-oriented (using ByteBuffer objects as the only way to send / receive messages).

4.       (Working on this right now) Include unit tests for the binding.

5.       (Not implemented yet) Leave room for a more Java-ish, OO interface to be built on top of the binding, but as an integral part of it.

I would be happy to participate in this renovated jzmq idea. Best regards,

--
Gonzalo Diethelm
DCV Chile