[zeromq-dev] Calling for features JZMQ-3.0

Trevor Bernard trevor.bernard at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 18:16:31 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I'm starting to work on JZMQ-3.0 and would like poll for opinions on
features/bug fixes they would like to see included in the new JZMQ-3.0.
There is currently no release date.

The primary reason for the major release is to simplify the build process
and make it easier for people to get up and running. This will introduce
breaking changes to the current release.

It's currently a huge pain to get up and running if you don't know what
you're doing.

Here is a couple on my list that I would like to tackle.

* Package libjzmq with jzmq.jar - https://github.com/zeromq/jzmq/issues/180

* Breakup monolithic ZMQ.java - https://github.com/zeromq/jzmq/issues/220

* Evaluate different build tools. maven/autotools is a frustrating
combination

* Separate API from implementation i.e. Reinvagorate jzmq-api

Warmest regards,

Trev