[zeromq-dev] Pub/Sub with crashing subscribers - possible memory leak?

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Tue Jul 2 15:12:56 CEST 2013

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 10:55 AM, Christian Kamm <kamm at incasoftware.de> wrote:

> With your test setup, I can make the memory leak go away by adding a
> zmq_poll() next to the sleep in pub.c.

This is a known issue with libzmq sockets - if you don't call them now
and then, they can't process internal events, and will accumulate
memory. It's probably unfixable but since it only affects
poorly-written code (or incorrect code), it seems liveable. I'll see
about adding a note in the man pages somewhere.