[zeromq-dev] one android phone communicate to another using zeromq

ashwini ramamurthy ashwini.ram21 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 17:30:49 CEST 2013

Thanks for the link . I went through it . I have done something very
similar.
As this is just a test app i have fixed the ip address  i.e ip is not given
by the user. I am using the req-reply pattern where i have one client and
one server. Both the devices are connected to the same wifi . I have
obtained the ip address from the phone and used that to connect.
But still i don't see any messages being received by the server. I don't
know where i am going wrong and what i am missing.

Below is the code used to connect

// in the server
ZMQ.Socket socket = context.socket(ZMQ.REP);
socket.bind("tcp://11.22.6.161:8080");// in the client
ZMQ.Socket s = context.socket(ZMQ.REQ);
s.connect("tcp://11.22.6.142:8080");

Any tips or suggestions would be really helpful.

Thanks,
Ashwini