[zeromq-dev] JZMQ Clarification: ZContext destroySocket setLinger

Yu Dongmin miniway at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 08:43:32 CET 2013

When we destroy a socket contained in a ZContext (zctx_t at czmq),
it uses same linger of the ZContext. We can change the linger value.
But if we want to change the linger for a specific socket only in the ZContext, it will not work.

The intention for the catch block is to ignore the ZMQ_TERM exception.
This is a valid exception when a master ZContext calls term. Other exception must be handled.
That's why the close is not in finally block.

IMHO, I'm not a big fan of setting the linger at the destroy method. But we need to make an agreement with czmq to move other place.

Thanks
Min