[zeromq-dev] zmq_socket and threads

Nishant Mittal nmittal at rblt.com
Wed Jan 2 22:23:28 CET 2013

I know that zmq_sockets are not thread safe. however, is it an issue if I
ensure a socket is used ONLY by 1 thread at a time?

the reason is ...
1) my application creates 5 threads, does some calcs and then the threads
exit
2) this is done every minute. so every minute 5 new threads are created.
3) I think i will run into a file descriptor issue if i create sockets
inside the thread (every time the thread is launched). so planning to
create 5 sockets when my application starts and then use 1 socket from 1
thread.

is this going to be an issue?

thanks
Nishant