[zeromq-dev] pyzmq build fails ?

MinRK benjaminrk at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 19:44:11 CET 2013


Yes, that would be appropriate.  Since I keep Cython up to date, I simply
didn't notice that I had introduced this dependency.  I will investigate,
and make sure the message is better.

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 10:42 AM, xantares 09 <xantares09 at hotmail.com>wrote:

>
> Yep, that was it, mine was 0.15, now with 0.18.
> The build system should warn about the required version of cython.
> Do you know which one is required ?
>
> So we could do throw something around here:
> try:
>     from Cython.Distutils import build_ext as build_ext_c
>     cython=True
> except ImportError:
>     cython=False
>
> Cheers!
>
>
> ------------------------------
> From: benjaminrk at gmail.com
> Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 08:54:38 -0800
> To: zeromq-dev at lists.zeromq.org
> Subject: Re: [zeromq-dev] pyzmq build fails ?
>
>
> What Cython version?  try updating it.
>
> -MinRK
>
> On Feb 22, 2013, at 0:55, xantares 09 <xantares09 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>  Hi
>
> I'm trying to build pyzmq from git.
>
> I installed libzmq from git successfully.
>
> The configure in pyzmq went OK after my patch:
> pyzmq $ python ./setup.py configure --zmq=../libzmq/build/install
> running configure
> cc -c /tmp/timer_create0hukf0.c -o tmp/timer_create0hukf0.o
> cc tmp/timer_create0hukf0.o -o a.out
> tmp/timer_create0hukf0.o: In function `main':
> timer_create0hukf0.c:(.text+0x15): undefined reference to `timer_create'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> cc -c /tmp/timer_createy_kGTs.c -o tmp/timer_createy_kGTs.o
> cc tmp/timer_createy_kGTs.o -lrt -o a.out
> ************************************************
> Configure: Autodetecting ZMQ settings...
>     Custom ZMQ dir:       ../libzmq/build/install
> gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O2 -Wall
> -Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC -I../libzmq/build/install/include -Izmq/utils
> -Izmq/core -Izmq/devices -c build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.7/scratch/vers.c -o
> build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.7/scratch/vers.o
> gcc -pthread build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.7/scratch/vers.o
> -L../libzmq/build/install/lib
> -Wl,-R/home/schueller/projects/libzmq/build/install/lib -lzmq -lrt -o
> build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.7/scratch/vers
>     ZMQ version detected: 3.3.0
> ************************************************
>
> Then the cython build fails:
> pyzmq $ python ./setup.py build
> running build
> running build_py
> running build_ext
> running configure
> cc -c /tmp/timer_createnanPIx.c -o tmp/timer_createnanPIx.o
> cc tmp/timer_createnanPIx.o -o a.out
> tmp/timer_createnanPIx.o: In function `main':
> timer_createnanPIx.c:(.text+0x15): undefined reference to `timer_create'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> cc -c /tmp/timer_createolhYyX.c -o tmp/timer_createolhYyX.o
> cc tmp/timer_createolhYyX.o -lrt -o a.out
> ************************************************
> Configure: Autodetecting ZMQ settings...
>     Custom ZMQ dir:       ../libzmq/build/install
> gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O2 -Wall
> -Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC -I../libzmq/build/install/include -Izmq/utils
> -Izmq/core -Izmq/devices -c build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.7/scratch/vers.c -o
> build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.7/scratch/vers.o
> gcc -pthread build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.7/scratch/vers.o
> -L../libzmq/build/install/lib
> -Wl,-R/home/schueller/projects/libzmq/build/install/lib -lzmq -lrt -o
> build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.7/scratch/vers
>     ZMQ version detected: 3.3.0
> ************************************************
> skipping 'zmq/core/_device.c' Cython extension (up-to-date)
> skipping 'zmq/core/_poll.c' Cython extension (up-to-date)
> skipping 'zmq/core/_version.c' Cython extension (up-to-date)
> cythoning zmq/core/constants.pyx to zmq/core/constants.c
>
> Error compiling Cython file:
> ------------------------------------------------------------
> ...
>
>
> #-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> # Symbols to export
>
> #-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> __all__ = [ key for key in locals().keys() if not key.startswith('_') ]
>                                 ^
> ------------------------------------------------------------
>
> zmq/core/constants.pyx:190:33: Cannot convert 'size_t (zmq_msg_t *) nogil'
> to Python object
>
> Error compiling Cython file:
> ------------------------------------------------------------
> ...
> [[[ The same kind of error repeated a bunch of times ]]]
> ...
> zmq/core/constants.pyx:190:33: Cannot convert 'void *(void) nogil' to
> Python object
> building 'zmq.core.constants' extension
> gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O2 -Wall
> -Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC -I../libzmq/build/install/include -Izmq/utils
> -Izmq/core -Izmq/devices -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c zmq/core/constants.c
> -o build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.7/zmq/core/constants.o
> zmq/core/constants.c:1:2: error: #error Do not use this file, it is the
> result of a failed Cython compilation.
> error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
>
>
> What's wrong ?
>
> _______________________________________________
> zeromq-dev mailing list
> zeromq-dev at lists.zeromq.org
> http://lists.zeromq.org/mailman/listinfo/zeromq-dev
>
>
> _______________________________________________ zeromq-dev mailing list
> zeromq-dev at lists.zeromq.org
> http://lists.zeromq.org/mailman/listinfo/zeromq-dev
>
> _______________________________________________
> zeromq-dev mailing list
> zeromq-dev at lists.zeromq.org
> http://lists.zeromq.org/mailman/listinfo/zeromq-dev
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.zeromq.org/pipermail/zeromq-dev/attachments/20130222/dcd0d32b/attachment.html>


More information about the zeromq-dev mailing list