[zeromq-dev] Obtaining IP adress a message is sent from

Niels Berglund niels.it.berglund at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 13:57:00 CET 2013

Hi!
I have a scenario where (for various reasons, fraud, etc) I need to know
where a particular message comes from. I.e. a "client" connects to my
"server" and subsequently sends messages. When the "service" receives the
message, it needs to obtain the ip-address the message originated from and
inject that in the message - could potentially be a 0MQ message frame -
 which then is forwarded to some other service, handling this particular
message type.

I have not seen any straightforward way of doing this in 0MQ - is it
possible, and if not; could there be some other solution to this (i.e.
other than the client itself injecting it - which is not a very
satisfactory solution)?

Thanks!
Niels