[zeromq-dev] jzmq-api - A modern Java idiomatic API for ØMQ

Trevor Bernard trevor.bernard at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 04:08:57 CET 2013

Greetings,

I'd like to announce the immediate availability of jzmq-api, A modern
Java Idiomatic API for ØMQ.

https://github.com/zeromq/jzmq-api

The goal of this project is to create a high level, modern, Java
idiomatic API for ØMQ much like CZMQ is for libzmq. The current API
for JZMQ and Jeromq are thin layer above libzmq which leaves much to
be desired. With this project, it is possible to unify the public
facing APIs for JZMQ, Jeromq or any other project that wants to talk
ZeroMQ Message Transport Protocol.

I've integrated jzmq-api with travis-ci to automatically build and
test against openjdk6 and openjdk7.  I have been deploying snapshots
to OSS Sonatype. Once the API begins to stabilize, I'll cut a release
build promote it to Central. I know this has long been sought after.

Currently we only wrap JZMQ in the library (later to be moved out) and
we only support 0.3.X of libzmq.

Be sure to read over the README and the wiki for example usage of
common use cases:

https://github.com/zeromq/jzmq-api/wiki

I'd also like to thank John Watson for helping this come to fruition.

Warmest regards,

Trev