[zeromq-dev] GTK event loop integration, anybody?
mail17 at mah.priv.at
Fri Feb 8 19:10:43 CET 2013
Am 08.02.2013 um 18:39 schrieb Steven McCoy:
> On 8 February 2013 12:31, Michael Haberler <mail17 at mah.priv.at> wrote:
> I'm looking to into integrating zmq with a pyGTK (eventually pygobject) application, including event loop integration
> any pointers to a working example?
> You can wrap around zmq_poll.
sorry, 'wrap around' was a tad above my pay grade ;)
I see the following options:
1. poll from the idle loop (g_idle_add() or py equivalent)
2. poll in a glib timer event (g_timeout_add() or python equivalent)
3. use zmq_getsockopt/ZMQ_FD to retrieve the file descriptor associated with the socket and have the gtk main loop issue a callback on FD events
4. use the pyzmq gevent route
5. somehow have separate event loops (not sure if this is possible)
3) I'd feel confortable with rolling myself
5) ? dunno.
4) uses the dreaded libevent under the gevent Python package, so I'd rather not use that
1+2: not my style ;)
is 3) reasonable? if not, what else?
thanks for the help.
> One has to raise a concern about the integration, one would prefer a separate UI thread to the business logic and thus separate event loops: Gtk for the UI and zmq_poll for the data.
> zeromq-dev mailing list
> zeromq-dev at lists.zeromq.org
More information about the zeromq-dev