[zeromq-dev] Ironpython port of pyzmq

Pawel Jasinski pawel.jasinski at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 15:42:07 CET 2013

Hi,

>clrZMQ is extremely outdated, wouldn't it be a better idea to use NetMQ for
>this instead ?

pyzmq in its core is based on libzmq implementation and provides
mechanism (backend) to for alternative libzmq.
clrzmq provides all P/Invoke infrastructure for libzmq I was looking for.

I have assumed that NetMQ is not 1:1 API equivalent of libzmq and I
was not able to access effort to make it pyzmq usable.

Is NetMQ api compatible with libzmq?
It would make perfect sense for me to use pure .net library instead of
libzmq with P/Invoke.

>(Or, alternatively, update clrZMQ to the latest master)

I am not sure what you mean by latest master. As far as I can tell my
branch is based on the latest master of clrzmq.
Can you explain?

--pawel