[zeromq-dev] When unreliability is desired

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Thu Dec 19 09:12:44 CET 2013

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 8:33 PM, Lindley French <lindleyf at gmail.com> wrote:

> Come to think of it, the way that library is structured, it would be easy
> enough to use it on top of ZMQ. Therefore it may not be reasonable to
> integrate it anyway.

Yes. My point was really not about pros or cons of libraries, rather
solving one problem at a time, and getting a minimal plausible first
step down. I'd really enjoy seeing a raw UDP transport that we can
hack on. I'm hoping some unsung genius can pull off the impossible and
bring that code in from XS, even in basic form. Once we have something
we can improve it...