[zeromq-dev] subscriber stops receiving messages after reconnect

Petr Postulka ppostulka at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 16:41:13 CET 2013

Hi Pieter,

thank you for your quick reply. Your suggested solution is exactly
what we were thinking about, but I just wanted to ask if there is some
better/automatic way to handle such scenarios.

Are you planning to enhance the library in the future with something
like heartbeating, so scenarios like the one described above will be
automatically covered, so we don't need to implement the heartbeating
mechanism in every application? I think it would be nice addition if
zeromq itself is able to detect all sorts of disconnections and handle
them properly.

Thank you.

Petr