[zeromq-dev] ZMQ dealer not receiving message from ZMQ router with ZMQ_FD

Kah-Chan Low kahchanlow at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 31 20:02:49 CET 2012

Thanks Paul!

I followed your advice and checked for ZMQ_EVENTS after each each zmq_send() and it worked!

I am still puzzled.
1. Checking for ZMQ_EVENT somehow resets the trigger, even if there is no message to be read.  Why is this necessary?
2. ZMQ router does not need checking  ZMQ_EVENT after zmq_send() for the read trigger to work properly.  Why?