[zeromq-dev] CTRL+C

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Tue Oct 30 06:43:55 CET 2012

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 6:31 AM, Balázs Varga <bb.varga at gmail.com> wrote:

> I know this link,installing a handler is not a problem,make the blocing
> calls exit is the problem.

Right. The problem for libzmq afair is twofold: one, the OS has to
interrupt the blocking call cleanly, which e.g. means in C not
allowing SIGINT to kill the process; and two, libzmq has to return
EINTR to the caller, which it does since release 2.1 or so.

In some runtimes the first part doesn't happen, which suggests the
signal is being trapped elsewhere. I know it's been a long-standing
difficulty in pyzmq to get this right, so perhaps that's the place to
get more help on this.