[zeromq-dev] CTRL+C

Balázs Varga bb.varga at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 06:31:19 CET 2012

On Oct 30, 2012 6:09 AM, "Pieter Hintjens" <ph at imatix.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 9:06 PM, Balázs Varga <bb.varga at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > How is it solved in other bindings? I think it can be a windows issue,
but
> > not sure, haven't tried it on other OS yet.

I just tried pyzmq's interupt example,which doesn't work on windows too.

> Libzmq doesn't install any handler, indeed. So a signal may interrupt
> the blocking call, or may kill the process.
In windows the second one,the process will be interruptedif there's no
handler installed

The text in the Guide
> you're quoting quite clearly says you have to install your own signal
> handler to catch SIGINT.
Yes it's clear,I can install my handler without problem but what code
should i put there to make the blocking calls exit? if I let the flow
continue because there is no other handlers the process will be killed.

> The second issue, which you're presumably hitting, is that some
> language runtimes may do their own signal handling so that libzmq
> simply never gets the signal, and blocking calls never exit.
but than how would get libzmq get the signal without installing a handler?

> Perhaps this may help:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1000223/how-do-i-handle-ctrlc-in-a-delphi-console-application
I know this link,installing a handler is not a problem,make the blocing
calls exit is the problem.