[zeromq-dev] CTRL+C

Balázs Varga bb.varga at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 21:06:30 CET 2012

Hi,

I have difficulties implementing a proper CTRL+C handling in my delphi
binding. In the guide I read that :

'If your code is blocking in
zmq_msg_recv(3)<http://api.zeromq.org/3-2:zmq_msg_recv>
, zmq_poll(3) <http://api.zeromq.org/3-2:zmq_poll>, or
zmq_msg_send(3)<http://api.zeromq.org/3-2:zmq_msg_send>,
when a signal arrives, the call will return with EINTR.'

but In my environment it works differently, Nothing happens, the
application terminates, It seems like no handler is installed in zmq
lib. I'm using the v3.2.2 RC2 dlls (
http://www.zeromq.org/intro:get-the-software) for windows (32bit)

I can add my handler (and return True, so if there are other handlers those
are called), and set a flag as suggested, but the zmq_recv ( and
zmq_msg_recv) will still block, so I'm stuck there. The only solution I can
imagine, if I terminate the context, than the blocking zmq_recv will return
with an ETERM.

How is it solved in other bindings? I think it can be a windows issue, but
not sure, haven't tried it on other OS yet.

balazs