[zeromq-dev] Zguide hello world example in c++

Anand Arumugam anand.arumug at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 20:39:54 CEST 2012

Hello All,

I was trying the zguide hello world example in c++. I am doing this on my
work win7 machine. I downloaded the win32 installer and installed the
library. Created a visual studio 2010 win32 console application project.
And added the contents of main() to _tmain(). The project built fine. I had
one hiccup that is if I specify the path to the dll that is installed for
some reason it kept complaining: Program cannot start. libzmq-v100-mt.dll
is missing from your computer. If I copy the dll to the same path as the
solution the program started without any issues but I'm not seeing it
printing out "Received Hello". The console window is empty.

So my questions are:

1) why is that even if LIBPATH is properly specified in the linker
properties (/LIBPATH:"C:\Program Files (x86)\ZeroMQ 2.2.0\bin"
/LIBPATH:"C:\Program Files (x86)\ZeroMQ 2.2.0\lib") it is complaining about
the dll as missing?

2) Am I doing anything wrong as I'm not even seeing the "Received Hello"
message being printed to the console window?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

cheers,
Anand.