[zeromq-dev] binding to a wildcard tcp port

AJ Lewis aj.lewis at quantum.com
Fri Oct 26 16:45:54 CEST 2012

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 11:38:49PM +0900, Pieter Hintjens wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 8:22 PM, Stephen Lord <Steve.Lord at quantum.com> wrote:
> >     ret = zmq_getsockopt(sock, ZMQ_LAST_ENDPOINT, endpoint, &optlen);
>
> Right, as the zmq_getsockopt page says, if you bind to all interfaces
> you'll get back an address 0.0.0.0. You can bind to specific IP
> addresses. You can also use getifaddrs to discover all interfaces and
> bind to each one: This might be worth doing inside libzmq
> automatically instead of using INADDR_ANY.

It would be helpful to do automatically, given getifaddrs isn't
supported natively on windows, AIX, Solaris, or HPUX...

I'm sure they all have methods to enumerate the IPs - just all
diferent methods.
--
AJ Lewis
Software Engineer

Work:    651 688-4346
email:   aj.lewis at quantum.com

The information contained in this transmission may be confidential. Any disclosure, copying, or further distribution of confidential information is not permitted unless such privilege is explicitly granted in writing by Quantum. Quantum reserves the right to have electronic communications, including email and attachments, sent across its networks filtered through anti virus and spam software programs and retain such messages in order to comply with applicable data security and retention requirements. Quantum is not responsible for the proper and complete transmission of the substance of this communication or for any delay in its receipt.