[zeromq-dev] Migrating ZMQ sockets acrossing threads

Chuck Remes lists at chuckremes.com
Thu Oct 25 19:43:27 CEST 2012

All of the documentation consistently warns you about doing a full-memory barrier (mutex, semaphore, etc) if you are going to use a socket in more than one thread. If you create it in one and pass it to another for operations, then you don't need to be too concerned about this.

So, to answer your question, NO, you don't need a full-memory barrier for your simple example.

cr