[zeromq-dev] Build failure with VS2012 & VS2010

John Jefferies j.jefferies at ntlworld.com
Tue Oct 23 09:10:46 CEST 2012

On 22/10/2012 20:57, AJ Lewis wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 10:18:22AM +0100, John Jefferies wrote:
>> I am just getting started with using Zeromq. And I the Windows
>> developer.
>>
>> Out of the box, building zeromq from source requires VS2008 which
>> is now rather old and I don't have it installed any more. I do have
>> VS2012 & VS2010, both of which insist on updating the project
>> files. When these updated projects are built, they both complain
>> with this error when building libzmq:
>>       "c1xx : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '..\errno.cpp':
>> No such file or directory"
>>
>> The presence of errno.cpp in the project must be an artifact of the
>> VS project upgrade because that file isn't in the VS2008 project.
> errno.cpp is referenced is in the libzmq/libzmq.proj file in the
> build/msvc directory, so it's there before conversion.

I apologise for being imprecise. The artefact for errno.cpp is put in
libzmq.vcxproj. This converts the file from one that is named but not
used, to one that is.

Perhaps at this point I should confess to stupidity because the problem
has already been solved. I completely missed the builds/msvc/msvc10.sln
in the distribution. This .sln can be updated to VS2012 without error.
Sorry.

John