[zeromq-dev] UDP-like unreliable transmission?

Nick Sabalausky bus_zeromq at semitwist.com
Tue Oct 23 06:08:40 CEST 2012

I'm interested in possibly using ZeroMQ for realtime multiplayer
videogames. As such, there are things I would normally use UDP for
(example: player position/heading corrections) to avoid any overhead
from retrys or packet reordering (ie, non-critical info which could
become outdated by the time TCP's reliability features get the data
across the line, and therefore may as well be dropped without retrying,
etc.).

Does ZeroMQ have any way to handle this sort of UDP-like use-case? If
so, can I combine it with the regular TCP-based ZeroMQ for the other
messages which do need reliability?