[zeromq-dev] zthread_fork warning

Brian Knox briank at talksum.com
Mon Oct 22 15:54:32 CEST 2012

I'm getting a warning using zthread_fork in code that works and I'm
trying to track down the source of my warning.  I'm passing the result
of the zthread_fork call to a struct member.  Here's the details:

My function  header:

static void *
clock_thread (void *args, zctx_t *ctx, void *pipe)

My zthread_fork call:

self->zmq_clock_pipe = zthread_fork(ctx, clock_thread, NULL);

In my struct, zmq_clock pipe is:

void *zmq_clock_pipe

Everything functions when I spin up the code - I just get this warning
and I want to make sure I haven't done something obviously silly.

Here's the error:

warning: passing argument 2 of ‘zthread_fork’ from incompatible pointer type
/usr/local/include/zthread.h:52: note: expected ‘void (*)(void *,
struct zctx_t *, void *)’ but argument is of type ‘void * (*)(void *,
struct zctx_t *, void *)’

Thanks,
Brian