[zeromq-dev] Build failure with VS2012 & VS2010

John Jefferies john.jefferies at globalgraphics.com
Mon Oct 22 11:18:22 CEST 2012

I am just getting started with using Zeromq. And I the Windows developer.

Out of the box, building zeromq from source requires VS2008 which is now
rather old and I don't have it installed any more. I do have VS2012 &
VS2010, both of which insist on updating the project files. When these
updated projects are built, they both complain with this error when
building libzmq:
     "c1xx : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '..\errno.cpp':
No such file or directory"

The presence of errno.cpp in the project must be an artifact of the VS
project upgrade because that file isn't in the VS2008 project.

The solution seems to be rather simple, just remove errno.cpp from the
upgraded project for each configuration.

FWIW. I haven't done much testing yet, but the documentation around the
project is first class, especially the guide. It's somehow turned a dry
subject into something that was a pleasure to read.

John