[zeromq-dev] lazy connect with zmq_connect

Rohan Bedarkar r_bedarkar at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 19 17:15:06 CEST 2012

Maybe there is already a thread on this topic but couldn't find one.....

As per the docs for zmq_connect,"The connection will not be performed immediately but as needed by ØMQ. Thus a successful invocation of zmq_connect() does not indicate that a physical connection was or can actually be established"

How then do we test for a successful connection before sending the messages? It seems all my messages are getting dropped (TCP) if I send without a one microsecond sleep between connecting and sending a bunch of messages.

Rohan

--

Rohan Bedarkar
MS, Computer Science