[zeromq-dev] socket passing and thread safety.. a precise exlanation

Apostolis Xekoukoulotakis xekoukou at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 01:16:43 CEST 2012

I would like to know when it is possible to pass a socket without creating
problems?

In my case, I create a PUB socket in the main thread, i create a zookeeper
client and pass the socket to the thread of the zookeeper that handles the
asynchronous events, (watches, etc.). (this thread is created
automatically).
I create worker threads with zthread_fork (czmq) and I want that the pub
socket send messages to workers. Will this work? How can it work?

I would also like to point out that zthread manual contains information
that is not self complete, the missing parts are not contained in the
guide. It requires either knowledge of the internals of zeromq or (on
threading in general?).
This is based on the assumption that I have understood most of the guide.

--

Sincerely yours,

     Apostolis Xekoukoulotakis