[zeromq-dev] Is 0mq right for my purpose?

Ryan Chan ryanchan404 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 10:12:59 CEST 2012

Hi,

I run a shared PHP hosting company and I am researching if 0mq is
suitable for my specific use case below.

1. A single apache server serving multiple vhosts, is connecting to a
shared MySQL database
2. Some user is generating more CPU workload then other, e.g. those
running popular forum
3. So the whole server performance suffer, affecting other users

I am looking to see if we can write a load balancer using 0mq, which support

a. can prioritize the request, e.g. based on a int value defined in
cookie (we will inject the value from our backend)
b. limit the number of concurrent request from a specific vhost
c. similar to b, for anti-DOS

Do you think 0mq would be a good candidate for this use? Or you have
any other suggestion?

Thanks.