[zeromq-dev] zmq_close() has no effect after fork()

John Khvatov ivaxer at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 10:47:04 CEST 2012

Hello Bennie,

On Oct 9, 2012, at 11:13 AM, Bennie Kloosteman wrote:

> Why not create the context and socket after you fork ?

I don't want to use ZMQ in child process. I want to release all resources used by ZMQ before master exiting.

It needed for restart multi-worker application: old master exits, old workers still serve existing clients, new master runs and start new workers for new clients. It fails because new master can't bind to address which is still used after I call zmq_close()/zmq_term().

The question is how to release ZMQ resources (unbind TCP port) after fork()?

> On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 2:57 PM, John Khvatov <ivaxer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> I'd like to get some feedback about my report:
> https://zeromq.jira.com/browse/LIBZMQ-441
>
> My be there is any workarounds about this problem?
> --
> WBR, John Khvatov

WBR, John Khvatov