[zeromq-dev] ZeroMQ Client Lose Connection

Thomas S Hatch thatch45 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 00:39:55 CEST 2012

On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 4:18 PM, Ian Barber <ian.barber at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 8:49 PM, Thomas S Hatch <thatch45 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Nope, we get no errors, things just stop talking. The tricky thing too is
> > that it varies widely on the infrastructure using Salt. You may notice
> that
> > on the pub side we have the pub_refresh stuff that refreshed the
> publisher,
> > this works wonders on cloud infrastructures but breaks local
> > infrastructures, and on the sub side we have the sub_timeout stuff which
> > help in most cases but is not needed in all of them.
> >
> > So we have all been running Salt with the "right mix" of Pub/Sub
> settings.
> > Sorry BTW, I should have brought this up a while ago, since we have so
> many
> > people using Salt now we are seeing a wide range of reports.
>
> Interesting! Are you hitting this purely on 2.x or have you seen it on
> 3.x as well (and ideally master if tested)? Is there any consistency
> in terms of how many connections the binding side has? And is there
> any visible trigger event that seems to precede the stuck connections
> appearing?
>
> Ian

I wish we had more visible triggers, it seems that it is a lot better when
everything is the latest 2 series, but most of our user's deployments are
still on 2.

The Salt team are the guys that are pushing zeromq packages to a lot of
distributions I should ask, should we be telling our package maintainers to
distribute zeromq 3? All the packagers are still on 2