[zeromq-dev] ZeroMQ Client Lose Connection

Thomas S Hatch thatch45 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 17:58:14 CEST 2012

This is a problem that we have been seeing over in Salt a great deal with
PUB/SUB. It happens mostly over the internet and with cloud servers.
Granted it is a little better with the latest 2. release, but it is still a
serious problem. I have tried a number of things to bypass the issues but
to on complete avail. The code that does it can be found here:
Pub: https://github.com/saltstack/salt/blob/develop/salt/master.py#L282
Sub: https://github.com/saltstack/salt/blob/develop/salt/minion.py#L507

I probably should have asked this much sooner. Also, if the ZeroMQ team
needs some cloud systems to test this on let me know and I will give you
access to Salt Stack's cloud systems.

The end results are also similar to the above mentioned situation, where
the tcp connection lives, but it just seems to be dead.

Thomas S Hatch